Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 16...

Wednesday… Day 16                                                                                                                   Wednesday, 19th October, 2011
Well today was such a great day!
We finally went to the school and it wasn’t flooded AND I had such a good day teaching…
This morning we went to the shops to pick up some ‘Blackboard’ paint for the library and we got stuck into the painting. We got the blackboard paint which was a massive pain… none of us had painted using it and it was quite a challenge. We got there though and our blackboard section is going to look fantastic…tomorrow we will be adding our children’s hand prints around the whole outside, it’s going to loos fantastic!!

Other than this, my kids studied ‘insects’ today. We made pictures of insects which I am going to make a mobile with, then… we made finger paint ants and hand painted spiders… The kids really enjoyed it and I have to admit so did I. I got some good photos of the kids doing them and they are going to look fantastic in the library.

After this I was so buggered like normal, came home and cleaned up a little… started getting ready for the weekend and then more planning for tomorrow… A LOT to do tomorrow at school, hand painting, making Kite’s tomorrow as well and lots and lots of fun to be had!

We decided to go for dinner somewhere new tonight so we walked around till we found this SUPER flash place. We went there and it was so beautiful, probably the most posh place I have ever been. It was so great! Here we were thinking it would be really expensive but 12 dollars for the BEST meal I have had so far and 2 drinks… Pretty expensive for here but not too bad in general. I can only imagine going back to Australia… We are starting to say “Ohhh $4 for a meal is fairly expensive”… (which it is for here)…We will be even more of a tight arse… not that that is a bad thing… bring on the saving again hahaha but going from $2 a cocktail to $12 a cocktail is going to be tough…

Anyway, not much else to report, Oh other then… Ericka made the mistake of asking Vanarith yesterday what happened to the mice we found and tried to save… to which he started laughing and said…”Oh sorry, hahaha, the chickens ate them…” OH MY GOD… I started crying a little I must admit. I was so upset could hardly sleep last night because I was thinking about them.

Okay, more planning to do and then bed! I am exhausted.
Until tomorrow
Kim
xx


 





No comments:

Post a Comment