Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 17...

Day 17…                                                                                                                                       Thursday, 20th October 2011

Today was another good day of teaching…
We learnt about ‘J’ and ‘K’… and made Kites…
We had such a good time and the kids are really learning what I am teaching them and well… it feels good to see that.
There is only 6 teaching days left and I am so sad about that… being the sook I am, I am thinking that on the last day I am going to be so upset…

We also managed to ALMOST finish the mural today. The final details will be added tomorrow and then… Set the room up ready for the kids to use it as a LIBRARY. Hahaha… I am so proud of what we have all done… we have worked so hard, never sweated so much in our lives and managed to create something amazing that is going to brighten the students lives.

We have some excellent pictures but I don’t even think they give it justice… The second thing which we have completed is the blackboard paint section. We managed to finish that and got all the kids today to put their hand prints on the outside… this is one of my favourite parts and I think the kids are going to LOVE this once they find out that they can draw on it and rub it off… WOOHOO

We then went home, more planning, showering and scrubbing ALL the paint off our bodies and then went out for dinner to somewhere new… we tried this place called pizza and pasta (rather Westernised we thought) But… it was the worst meal I think I have ever eaten… I got a pizza which normally I would love, and have been craving, but this pizza wasn’t cooked properly, so the base was me eating mouthfuls of flour and they had put mint leaves on the cheese and boy were they strong… Oh well… Back to the crazy weird Cambodian food that seems to taste a lot better.

Tomorrow we will be heading to school and teaching early in the morning… we will then be heading to Phenom Penh and doing some shopping and a massive amount of culture seeing and history visiting.

We will be going till Sunday and visiting S-21 and the killing fields on Saturday (major Cambodian History – which I am thinking is going to be really sad and a bit of an eye opener), then the nature park on Sunday. At this “Zoo” it houses and rehabilitates animals that have been rescued from poachers and taken off the black market. I am really looking forward to this as I am a big animal lover, as you all know… and I am keen to see some animal compassion to be honest…

Anyways… I won’t be able to write a blog till Sunday when I have my computer and I will definitely have a lot to tell.
Until then

Kim
xx
Some of the Mural
hand painting for the blackboard painting


More of the Mural

K is for Kite

 
Us and our Guides

No comments:

Post a Comment