Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 21...

Day 21…
Monday 24th October, 2011
Today we had a MASSIVE day at school. Because we have finally finished our library, we are now starting on the construction of the playground. We have been so excited about this project as the kids are going to love it. Due to the rain it was unable to start until today… As you can imagine, resources being so scarce a lot of second hand things are being used… e.g. bricks, iron poles etc. With this, we had to sand down the iron poles, and transport sand into a pit… Let me tell you, I have never sweated so much in my life… The more water we drank the more we would sweat… Our weight loss regime… now in full swing (thank goodness)! We were transporting sand using cane baskets no bigger than 10cm by 10cm… back and forth, back and forth we went for a good 2 hours in the HOT sun. Exhausted I can honestly say.

Tomorrow we will be doing some more sanding and then painting the poles. YAY more painting (sarcasm)… After this, more shovelling and then well, more teaching. We only have 4 days left L I am so sad about this. I am not ready to leave, there is still so much that I could be doing.

After a rather exhausting day we thought we would continue on our FINAL trip to the night markets to get a few last minute gifts and in Ericka’s case… Another 50 T-shirts and pants… AND Ericka and I made THE greatest purchase of our new hats… I shall upload a photo for your enjoyment.

I think I am completely shopped out and I hope I didn’t leave anyone out and if I did… well it is my holiday so I don’t care :P hahaha
Not long now before I come back to Australia and I am not looking forward to it… Back to work, finishing uni, interviews… HOLY MOLEY!!!

Anyways… It is getting very late and I have another massive day of sand and painting tomorrow.
Until then…
Kim xx

shoveling sand in cane baskets

Getting ready

Hard at work... Nice ass Ericka

The best hats ever... they even have flaps

No comments:

Post a Comment