Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 26...

Last night was our celebratory night… it was crazy… We went out for dinner which was really nice again, same place as we already have been to, with the traditional dancers… got some more photos with them. Ericka has a slight crush on one of the boys who we have actually decided is like 16 years of age, but anyways… she desperately wanted a photo with him so we went up on stage, dragged him away from the group of dancers and got a photo with him… The look on his face was priceless, he didn’t really know why the heck these 3 white chicks were pulling him aside to get a photo with him… hilarious!

Afterwards we went to the “Angkor What?” club. This club was amazing… they had graffiti over the whole club and everyone who visited would write on the walls in niko… Then when the lights went off, all the paint glowed and it was pretty great. Here we started our heavy drinking, ordering a bucket each… A bucket is just that… A bucket filled with alcohol. It was pretty great!! If you got one you also got a shirt… woop woop hahaha.

We then left to go to another bar called the “Warehouse” where this beautiful Norwegian girl (semi famous apparently) was singing her songs… She was amazing and I plan to download some of her stuff when I get home.

This morning was like any other, even though we were hung over and tired, we still got up at 6:30am and started our day… slowly… We got packing again and then went to our Quad Biking adventure. This was fairly great. I haven’t really ridden a Quad bike on my own before and I can now tick it off my ‘To do list’… We also rode on the roads of busy Cambodia. This was insane… not only because we had to drive on the right side of the road but because in Cambodia… there are no road rules… basically you drive as fast or slow as you want AND overtake anyone who is in front of you… this is what we did. After this we went down the back roads. Because of the flooding, these roads were full of bumps and puddles. Ericka and I made it our mission to ensure we got ourselves and our Quad bikes as muddy as possible. And this certainly happened. Was a great 2hr ride J

After the Quads we had a speedy lunch and head to the markets to buy Vannarith all the things he needed for his new fish pond. We went to his place and got stuck into it… 30 minutes it took to dig a 1.5m deep by 6.5 meters long and 2m wide hole… He was speechless that 3 Aussie girls managed to get into it and finish it. While here, I also gave his son and the other little orphan boy who lives with them, some Smiggle stuff. The boys were so excited about this and were too eager to draw in their books and use their pens.

After finishing all the pond, filling it with water it was time for us to get changed and ready for our horse riding. It has been many years since I went horse riding and I was really excited about doing this. I had a beautiful grey horse called “Ollie” and we had a great ride, walking, trotting, and even cantering occasionally. All was going well until all three of our horses and the guides’ horse decided to start RACING… all of the horses wanting to be the winner… Poor Ericka’s horse slipped in a puddle and fell over… sending Ericka flying, getting her leg caught under the horses’ body and then rolling out. It was THE FUNNIEST thing we have ever seen (only because neither Ericka nor the horse was hurt)… Ericka got up, her first reaction “Is the horse okay?” and getting back up on that horse like a trooper to continue the trek.

We finished the last part of the trek, everyone in stitches because we just couldn’t believe it happened. HAHA… always happening to Ericka. She was very lucky it didn’t end worse but it is such a great story which she (and Karina and I) can forever tell people and laugh about.

Getting ready for tomorrow… Leaving Cambodia… L I am not looking forward to more goodbyes. I wasn’t good at the school and I know I won’t be good tomorrow with our guides who have become a major part of our lives whilst here. I believe I have made some new friends for life and I know they think the same. Today Vannarith said he wasn’t looking forward to saying goodbye to three of his best friends… made my heart melt!

Speaking of goodbyes… Tomorrow will be my final blog for my Cambodian trip… Wow… a whole month has flown by… so many memories, so many photos and even more laughs. Wish me luck for the shit house plane ride back to Australia.

Until tomorrow…
Kim xx


Digging Vannarith's fish pond

My and my horse 'Ollie'

Giving the boys the Smiggle stuff

Look how excited they are... such cuties

Me and Ollie in action

No comments:

Post a Comment