Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day Six in Cambodia...



Day 6…                                                                                                            Sunday, 9 October 2011

Well today is Sunday. We didn’t really do much today because we were so buggered from yesterday’s big day and also we had a lot of planning to do for the week of teaching ahead.

Of course I am the first of us to get sick… just with a cold at the moment but I am hoping it goes away asap. Waking up feeling like shit, we got up slowly, had another excellent buffet breakfast at the Hotel, did some planning and got our mountain worth of photocopying ready and then set off to the Cultural Museum to get even more cultured than yesterday. The Museum was very interesting but we were very Temple’d and Buddha’d out. We learned a lot of new things though and the statues were absolutely beautiful.

After this we went to do the photo copying for school tomorrow… holy crap… we photocopied around 2575 copies for the students in my class and Erica’s class. It did only cost us $20 so that was okay. We decided to make the students some booklets… as excellent as these booklets are, we had to sit in our hotel room for 4 hours, folding, cutting and stapling 200 booklets together… Never again hahaha… The kids are going to love them though and it makes my whole body smile when I think about how excited they are going to be. Hopefully that is the last of the photocopying that we will need to do for a while…

Today for lunch we went to the “Blue Pumpkin” which is an extremely awesome restaurant in the city that mainly sells amazing ice-cream however, also make lunches etc. I ordered this AMAZING ice-cream shake with yoghurt and berries, which you drink out of a straw the size of a pipe… Holy shit it was the GREATEST thing that I have ever tasted in my whole life… I can see I will be back there often considering they only cost $1.50. Also in this restaurant they have wireless and around the whole outside of this massive air-conditioned room upstairs, are these large couches where they put a big tray table over your lap and serve you there. It was frigging awesome… AND they played Regina Spektor, my favourite J who would have thought in the middle of Cambodia, I would hear one of my favourite songs… very happy.

Anyway, for dinner we ordered room service cause we were still full from lunch and we really couldn’t be stuffed moving… hahaha. Not much else to say on today but another big day tomorrow. Getting stuck into the Library, sanding and painting tomorrow and then some more teaching… Hopefully tomorrow is better than Friday… Wish me luck!

Until tomorrow
Kim xxx


 <><>
<>
<><>
We are all wearing our Hippie Pants


Being a Soldier at the Museum...


1 comment: