Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 22, 23

Day 22, 23

Well, I don’t really have much to say about the last two days… Teaching is continuing… everything is going really well in that department and I am having a blast. Day 23 and there is only 2 more teaching days to go. I have to put on a performance done by the kids to showcase what they have learnt since I have been their teaching and I am really excited about this. They are doing it Friday morning in front of all the Military and all of their families. I did a practice today and the kids did amazing, at some points it was hard with the language barrier but we got there in the end. They are so excited about this presentation and I am too. One of the other girls is going to film it for me so that will be great.

Other than that, this morning we spent the morning shopping for last minute supplies for the library and tomorrow we will be setting it all up. It is looking really fantastic.

Tomorrow we are also donating a lot of clothes and supplies to the children and will be taking that to them tomorrow as well. There is A LOT. A major donation to add to the library and playground, we decided to buy each class (7 classes) a water filter to ensure the students have clean drinking water every day at school. This is such a big thing in Cambodia and now these children will finally have filtered CLEAN water to drink daily.

This afternoon was great… Dayvy took us swimming at her sisters hotel… It was just what we needed. We ate food and drank cocktails for a few hours in the pool and just relaxed… which is something we haven’t really taken the time to do yet. After this we went out for dinner to a local Suki Soup restaurant where we had THE freshest, delicious soup. Basically there is a hot plate in the middle of the table with a bowl on it. You then order a range of different plates filled with ingredients and you cook them in the boiling water… It was the best tasting soup. Veggies galore, fish and beef, CORN (I have been craving) and topped that off with a watermelon shake… then…we went to the Blue Pumpkin… again and had a lovely pastry dessert.

I am now just finishing packing my suitcase ready to head home L (very sad) not ready to leave yet…but only 3 days left…
We just started watching the Khmer Rouge film so I better dash…

Until tomorrow…
Kim xx
  

No comments:

Post a Comment